The shop system often only fulfils 4 tasks, which can easily be taken over by the special systems:
- Display of products (user interface); can be taken over by the CMS / DAM
- Holding the product catalogue; can be taken over by the search engine
- Management of prices and promotions; can be realised cross-channel through the price and promotion module of OMS aroma®.
- Provision of the shopping basket; can be taken over by the OMS aroma®, as the corresponding functionalities are included anyway, e.g. for taking orders in customer care and in branches
In the described setting all 4 tasks can be managed by other systems:
- the presentation of products and the entire user interface are taken over by the CMS, which is also specialised in these tasks
- the product catalogue is better maintained by the search engine, which is generally more flexible in responding to customer requests
- Prices and promotions are better represented across all channels by the price and promotion module of aroma®
- The shopping basket and check-out process can also be realised via aroma® as our solution already provides the corresponding functionalities for taking orders in customer care and branches
Of course, companies today have an e-shop system which can be further used with aroma®. But aroma® also offers the interesting option of being able to replace the traditional e-shop system.